Last Updated on 2022/11/01
The Farnese Palace is a noble palace as well as an aristocratic/rural palace in San Valentino in Abruzzo Citeriore.
It is located in the higher section of the town, where visitors may observe the many changes made over the years and evaluate its medieval castle and walled enclosure garb. The castle features a circular layout with walls and control towers that are partially integrated into the 16th-century palace. The palace’s original layout, which included a number of aristocratic halls, has been greatly altered. In the hallway is an epigraph that was carved by Giacomo de Tolfa and dates to 1507.
It was built by the Normans in the second half of the 11th century and belonged to the monastery of San Clemente a Casauria before being renovated to its current appearance and given the name “Palazzo Farnese” under Margaret of Austria’s authority in 1583. Up to the Bourbon era of the 19th century, it served as the municipality’s primary administrative hub.
Featured image: Google Maps
Weird Italy, Guide to Unusual & Amazing Places to see in Italy. Italy’s news in English: Art, History & Facts