The Marquis Castle is a Renaissance castle in Palmoli, Chieti, Abruzzo.
The castle was built by the Pandulfo-Di Sangro family of the Counts of Monteodorisio. In 1095, the marquis palace dates to the 15th century, and the chapel of St. Charles to 1772 was built by Marquis Severino di Gagliati. Recent archaeological excavations have uncovered remains of 11th-century glazed pottery that emerged mostly in the cavity located between the old circular tower and the polygonal tower.
The manor consists of a dodecagonal tower possibly of 16th-century origin that incorporated a circular tower, the Severino-Longo palace, and the church of St. Charles Borromeo.
Featured image: wikipedia
Lifestyle weblog about everything that happens in Italy: photography, places, people, fashion, Italian movies and books, news, and much more