Raggi rejects Zingaretti ‘threat to Rome’ claim

  1. Home
  2. /
  3. Blog
  4. /
  5. What happened in Italy today
  6. /
  7. Raggi rejects Zingaretti ‘threat to Rome’...

(ANSA) – ROME, MAR 24 – Rome Mayor Virginia Raggi on
Wednesday rejected Lazio Governor Nicola Zingaretti’s
characterisation of her standing for election again as a “threat
to Rome”.
    Speaking on TV show Ballarò Tuesday night, Zingaretti said he
had been the first to rate Raggi’s stand for a second term as a
threat to the Italian capital.
    Raggi said Wednesday she had had to employ a police escort
because she had received threats from the Casamonica crime
family.
    She said “for Zingaretti, therefore, the ‘threat’ for Rome is
not represented by organised crime or even by the difficulties
of citizens to find a job.
    “No, for Zingaretti the ‘threat’ for Rome is a young woman who
has ended up with an escort for having declared war on organised
crime.”
Raggi said “words are stones and have consequences in people’s
lives”.
    Zingaretti recently stepped down as leader of the centre-left
Democratic Party (PD), which is seeking to form a stable
national alliance with Raggi’s populist 5-Star Movement (M5S).
    But, given the PD’s longstanding criticism of how Raggi has run
the capital, the two parties will be fielding different
candidates for Rome mayor in elections expected in mid-October.
    (ANSA).
   

Previous

COVID: 1st 2 cases of NY variant found in Marche

AstraZeneca batches set for Belgium checked

Next

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.