Child dies after swallowing methadone

  1. Home
  2. /
  3. Blog
  4. /
  5. What happened in Italy today
  6. /
  7. Child dies after swallowing methadone

(ANSA) – FLORENCE, FEB 11 – An 18-month-old boy died in
Grosseto last September after swallowing methadone, according to
the latest toxicology reports issued Thursday.
    The child’s parents have been placed under investigation for
manslaughter, police said, according to the Il Tirreno local
daily.
    The warrant against the parents cites “acute methadone
poisoning” as the cause of the boy’s death in the southern
Tuscan coastal city on September 15.
    It said the child had also been exposed to other drugs.
    A search of their home turned up a few grammes of hashish and a
few empty methadone bottles.
    The parents have appointed a consultant who took part in the
child’s autopsy and is set to issue his conclusions. (ANSA).
   

Previous

Italy starts giving AstraZeneca jab

Ex-husband of slain Faenza woman probed for murder

Next

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.